On 12/10/20 at 11:47am, Stefan Monnier wrote: > > not just those present in "emacs -Q"? To do what he wanted, you'd > > need to load all of the Emacs packages as well, one by one, taking > > care to unload them or restart the session, to account for basic > > incompatibilities between some of them. I don't think this is a > > practical solution. > > IIRC cus-dep.el does just that (and doesn't even bother to unload them > or use separate sessions), so maybe it's not that bad. Last time I tried that, I ended up launching M-x dunnet as side effect which kept my batch script from quitting, so I'd argue that it's not good enough for programmatic use. But then, maybe cus-dep.el has some secrets on how to avoid that interaction...