all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
From: Jean Louis <bugs@gnu.support>
To: emacsconf-discuss@gnu.org, emacsconf-org@gnu.org, emacs-tangents@gnu.org
Subject: Smaller size of videos could be useful - Re: [ANN] EmacsConf 2020 videos are out!
Date: Sun, 6 Dec 2020 10:01:29 +0300	[thread overview]

* Amin Bandali <bandali@gnu.org> [2020-12-06 01:59]:
> Hello fellow Emacsians!
>
> The EmacsConf 2020 videos are now ready.  Thanks to everyone who helped
> make it happen!
>
> You can check out https://emacsconf.org/2020/talks/ to find the videos,
> Q&A, links, and notes for each talk.  The collaborative pad is archived
> at https://emacsconf.org/2020/pad/.  We've also asked speakers to send
> us any additional material or resources they would like to add to their
> talk's page.

That is great. I just wish videos would be smaller in size. I am
rendering them smaller on remote server to be able to downloade them
resized. It takes time.

I have resized this video down to 26 MB, almost 10 times less. This is
because network may be very slow in some parts of the world,
additionally downloading over mobile network is pretty expensive.

ffmpeg -i emacsconf-2020--39-nongnu-elpa--richard-stallman.webm -filter:v scale=360:-1 -c:a copy output.webm