all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Tell emacs a dir is not writable
@ 2020-10-28 17:13 Colin Baxter
From: Colin Baxter @ 2020-10-28 17:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Hello,

I have made my ~/.emacs.d/games directory not writable since I do not
wish to have scores saved. How do I tell emacs this so to avoid an error
been thrown whenever emacs tries to write games' scores?

Thanks.

Colin Baxter.

* Re: Tell emacs a dir is not writable
@ 2020-10-28 17:23 ` Jean Louis
From: Jean Louis @ 2020-10-28 17:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Colin Baxter; +Cc: help-gnu-emacs

* Colin Baxter <m43cap@yandex.com> [2020-10-28 20:17]:
> Hello,
>
> I have made my ~/.emacs.d/games directory not writable since I do not
> wish to have scores saved. How do I tell emacs this so to avoid an error
> been thrown whenever emacs tries to write games' scores?

shared-game-score-directory is variable you can set and then set it on
/run/user/your-ID/ and directory will disappear on next reboot.

--
Jean Louis

* Re: Tell emacs a dir is not writable
@ 2020-10-28 17:45   ` Colin Baxter
From: Colin Baxter @ 2020-10-28 17:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

    > * Colin Baxter <m43cap@yandex.com> [2020-10-28 20:17]:
    >> Hello,
    >>
    >> I have made my ~/.emacs.d/games directory not writable since I do
    >> not wish to have scores saved. How do I tell emacs this so to
    >> avoid an error been thrown whenever emacs tries to write games'
    >> scores?

    > shared-game-score-directory is variable you can set and then set
    > it on /run/user/your-ID/ and directory will disappear on next
    > reboot.

Great, I didn't know that variable.  Thanks Jean.