all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Available emacs python IDE plugin which supporting dynamic/runtime auto-completion for type/variable/function names.
@ 2020-10-30 23:27 Hongyi Zhao
From: Hongyi Zhao @ 2020-10-30 23:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Hi,

Are there any  existent emacs python IDE plugins which supporting
dynamic/runtime auto-completion for type/variable/function names, just
as the behavior showed by ipython/jupyter?

Regards,
Theory and Simulation of Materials, Xingtai Polytechnic College
NO. 552 North Gangtie Road, Xingtai, China

* Re: Available emacs python IDE plugin which supporting dynamic/runtime auto-completion for type/variable/function names.
@ 2020-10-31  0:04 ` Sébastien G
From: Sébastien G @ 2020-10-31  0:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Elpy ?

https://github.com/jorgenschaefer/elpy

@ 2020-11-01 14:52 ` Joost Kremers
From: Joost Kremers @ 2020-11-01 14:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Hongyi Zhao; +Cc: help-gnu-emacs

On Sat, Oct 31 2020, Hongyi Zhao wrote:
> Are there any  existent emacs python IDE plugins which supporting
> dynamic/runtime auto-completion for type/variable/function names, just
> as the behavior showed by ipython/jupyter?

For Python development, you basically have, AFAIK, two options: use elpy
<https://github.com/jorgenschaefer/elpy>, or use an LSP server. Of course, if
you go with LSP, you'll need to choose an LSP server (there are several options
for Python), and you'll need to choose an LSP client for Emacs, of which there
are two (lsp-mode and eglot).

HTH

--
Joost Kremers
Life has its moments

@ 2020-11-01 16:22   ` Jean Louis
From: Jean Louis @ 2020-11-01 16:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Joost Kremers; +Cc: help-gnu-emacs, Hongyi Zhao

* Joost Kremers <joostkremers@fastmail.fm> [2020-11-01 17:53]:

> On Sat, Oct 31 2020, Hongyi Zhao wrote:
> > Are there any  existent emacs python IDE plugins which supporting
> > dynamic/runtime auto-completion for type/variable/function names, just
> > as the behavior showed by ipython/jupyter?
>
> For Python development, you basically have, AFAIK, two options: use elpy
> <https://github.com/jorgenschaefer/elpy>, or use an LSP server. Of course, if
> you go with LSP, you'll need to choose an LSP server (there are several options
> for Python), and you'll need to choose an LSP client for Emacs, of which there
> are two (lsp-mode and eglot).

Also see:
https://wiki.python.org/moin/EmacsPythonCompletion

--
There are 59 messages yet in my incoming mailbox.

@ 2020-11-01 22:17 ` Jean Louis
From: Jean Louis @ 2020-11-01 22:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Hongyi Zhao; +Cc: help-gnu-emacs

* Hongyi Zhao <hongyi.zhao@gmail.com> [2020-10-31 02:28]:
> Hi,
>
> Are there any  existent emacs python IDE plugins which supporting
> dynamic/runtime auto-completion for type/variable/function names, just
> as the behavior showed by ipython/jupyter?

Please see here:
https://tkf.github.io/emacs-jedi/latest/

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8261/8804536872_8d266b88ed_o.png

http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2845/8793986161_e1c58607f0_o.png