all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* OMEMO for jabber.el needed
@ 2020-10-31 19:58 Jean Louis
From: Jean Louis @ 2020-10-31 19:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: GNU Emacs Help

It would be nice to have OMEMO for jabber.el

Jabber.el is useful XMPP chat software for Emacs. Majority of
applications used for quite some time OTR encryption and then switched
to OMEMO peer to peer encryption.

Emacs's jabber.el is not even in the list: https://omemo.top/ so we
are back.

That would be useful to have. Many Emacs users do communicate through
XMPP. https://search.jabber.network/search?q=emacs

XMPP is also useful to send SMS messages, control devices remotely,
find devices, participate in social networks Fediverse and so on.

I could donate some money for this feature to be implementd in
jabber.el

Jean

* Re: OMEMO for jabber.el needed
@ 2020-10-31 20:42 ` Stefan Kangas
From: Stefan Kangas @ 2020-10-31 20:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jean Louis, GNU Emacs Help

Jean Louis <bugs@gnu.support> writes:

> Emacs's jabber.el is not even in the list: https://omemo.top/ so we
> are back.

The description says "If you cannot find your favourite client in here,
please send a pull request."

Perhaps someone should send a pull request to add jabber.el:
https://omemo.top/#have-something-to-add--update

* Re: OMEMO for jabber.el needed
@ 2020-11-01 13:07   ` Jean Louis
From: Jean Louis @ 2020-11-01 13:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Stefan Kangas; +Cc: GNU Emacs Help

* Stefan Kangas <stefankangas@gmail.com> [2020-10-31 23:43]:
> Jean Louis <bugs@gnu.support> writes:
>
> > Emacs's jabber.el is not even in the list: https://omemo.top/ so we
> > are back.
>
> The description says "If you cannot find your favourite client in here,
> please send a pull request."
>
> Perhaps someone should send a pull request to add jabber.el:
> https://omemo.top/#have-something-to-add--update

If I remember well it was there before. I am surprised. Let me ask
them to add it.