Any logical explanation why females have got that much better deal with colors than guys from the evolution? Sure, I completely agree that faces are better to work with then plain colors. Imaginary framework could have co exist of base-faces and accent-faces instead of base-colors and accent-colors (if this separation is even acceptable). -------- Originalmeddelande -------- Från: tomas@tuxteam.de Datum: 2020-09-16 18:43 (GMT+01:00) Till: Arthur Miller Kopia: João Távora , emacs-devel Ämne: Re: A modern-mode? On Wed, Sep 16, 2020 at 02:40:53PM +0200, Arthur Miller wrote: > João Távora writes: > > > I just meant the "custom-themes" > > infrastructure should be enough to accommodate enough of > > the proposed "modern-mode". Not sure if it is (as I don't use it). > No, it is not. It lacks unified framework to use as logicla names for > color use; Isn't "face" the better abstraction, anyway? Think blind people. Think color-blind people (up to 8% of the male and 0.5% of the female population of Norther European descent [1]). Conveying semantics via color has to have some fallback, and this meshes well with faces, I think. Cheers [1] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Color_blindness - t