Thanks, I have also found literste-li when I searched, but thought it didn't looked as suggested . I have played a bit yesterday, for about an hour and managed to find readevalloop in lread.c in sources. I managed to get a partial hack to work in some cases, but in other I get parse errors. I am not sure I understand exactly how the parser hangs together yet, if I can do everything in that function or I have to change some of other functions too. I will have more time tonight evening. Skickat från min Samsung Galaxy-smartphone. -------- Originalmeddelande -------- Från: Stefan Monnier Datum: 2019-12-14 15:08 (GMT+01:00) Till: arthur miller Kopia: emacs-devel , archambv@iro.umontreal.ca Ämne: Re: Sv: Christmas wish: Literate Elisp arthur miller [2019-12-14 04:40:30] wrote: > To be honest my contact with Haskell broke once the university course, some > 20 yrs ago was over, so I am a little bit illiterate about Haskells sexy > packages. I just recalled that it was possible to invert text and code in > Haskell. But cool. The fact that it's written is Haskell is just incidental. > Didn't know there is a package to let load org files directly either. Hmm... The closest I can find is https://github.com/jingtaozf/literate-elisp/ but it doesn't quite match what I think I was referring to. Stefan > Thanks for the answers. > ________________________________ > Från: Stefan Monnier > Skickat: den 12 december 2019 18:29 > Till: arthur miller > Kopia: emacs-devel ; archambv@iro.umontreal.ca > Ämne: Re: Christmas wish: Literate Elisp > >> My proposal is to slightly change Elisp parser to treat lines that start >> with any other printable character but '(' as a start of comment and to >> simply ignore the line, just as it treats ';' as a comment. > > The `sexpresso` Haskell package follows the same idea ;-) > > As for using it in Elisp: I don't think there's anything stopping anyone > from making such a `literate-elisp-mode` and even arrange for `load` to > handle such a file (just like there is already a package that lets > `load` work directly on .org files). > > I'd welcome such a package in GNU ELPA. > > > Stefan