I'm actually working on my own Emacs manu translation. Can can sign my translated files under my own copyright(using the same fdl1.3)? ________________________________ 发件人: help-texinfo-bounces+ralphlin24=hotmail.com@gnu.org 代表 Richard Stallman 发送时间: 2024年2月13日 10:15 收件人: Jean-Christophe Helary 抄送: emacs-devel@gnu.org ; help-texinfo@gnu.org 主题: Re: Translating the Emacs manuals (a summary) [[[ To any NSA and FBI agents reading my email: please consider ]]] [[[ whether defending the US Constitution against all enemies, ]]] [[[ foreign or domestic, requires you to follow Snowden's example. ]]] Please forgive my delay. > ## Translated documents licence > The translated documents are distributed under the same licence as the > original documents: the GNU Free Documentation License, Version 1.3 or > any later version published by the Free Software Foundation. > See https://www.gnu.org/licenses/fdl-1.3.html for more information. > --- > Is that sufficient? It is sufficienr in a rigid logical sense, but not sufficient to be helpful. For the final version, we will publish it the same way as we publish original manuals. The translators don't have any responsibilities about that except to sign the assignment. But we should tell people how to handle parts of translations, patches, and translations we have not yet approved. Don't worry about it for now -- we will do it when needed, -- Dr Richard Stallman (https://stallman.org) Chief GNUisance of the GNU Project (https://gnu.org) Founder, Free Software Foundation (https://fsf.org) Internet Hall-of-Famer (https://internethalloffame.org)