Hi, There is a particular default which I can't figure out how to change, and it's causing me to spuriously paste code, and chewing time finding these accidental pastes. How do I stop the following: Every time the right scroll bar is used with the middle mouse button, it pastes wherever the cursor happens to be when the mouse is finally released. To be clear, I am not middle-clicking in the editing area! GNU Emacs 23.1.1 (x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 2.20.0) from latest stock Kubuntu. Browse Customization Groups -> Editing -> Mouse -> ...? Also, how do I permanently disable "Active Region Highlighting"? (Select, scroll, paste is impossible when enabled.) I disabled it, saved options, and restarted, but sometimes new buffers re-enable ARH. I can see '(transient-mark-mode) nil in .emacs config file already. Thanks! Jason Mancini