Hi Yuan Yes it was me that posted on reddit. I’ll look into the sparse tree method – that looks promising. I’d be happy to add into the tree. What would the process be for that? Ben From: Yuan Fu Date: Monday, April 29, 2024 at 10:06 PM To: Benjamin Leis Cc: 70614@debbugs.gnu.org <70614@debbugs.gnu.org>, Theodor Thornhill Subject: Re: bug#70614: Wrong simple imenu definition for java [External Email] > On Apr 27, 2024, at 11:45 AM, Benjamin Leis via Bug reports for GNU Emacs, the Swiss army knife of text editors wrote: > > I noticed the treesitter imenu definitions for java in java-ts-mode.el have the following: > ;; Imenu. > (setq-local treesit-simple-imenu-settings > '(("Class" \\`class_declaration\\' nil nil) > ("Interface" \\`interface_declaration\\' nil nil) > ("Enum" \\`record_declaration\\' nil nil) > ("Method" \\`method_declaration\\' nil nil))) > (treesit-major-mode-setup)) > The 3rd definition for enums should either be for “Record” if that was the intention or match against \\`enum_declaration if it really was meant for enums. > Ben Thanks for reporting that! Is that you who posted this post on reddit? https://www.reddit.com/r/emacs/comments/1cej9fr/hierarchical_treesitter_based_imenulist_with_java/ It looks pretty nice, do you want to just put it in Emacs? Also, there’s a chance that your code can be simplified by using treesit-induce-sparse-tree. You can look at treesit-simple-imenu for now it’s used. Basically we use treesit-induce-sparse-tree to find all the interesting nodes in the buffer, and go through the returned tree to convert nodes into imenu labels. Also CCing Theo; Theo, WDYT? Yuan