all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Parking lines in buffer and get back to them
@ 2022-10-15 13:54 Heime via Users list for the GNU Emacs text editor
From: Heime via Users list for the GNU Emacs text editor @ 2022-10-15 13:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org

Have noticed the keybinding command "C-x C-p" that marks a page. I would like to mark specific lines in a buffer,

and be able to get back to them easily? What cam de done? Would be very useful if a could name them and list them

so I know what I have.

* Re: Parking lines in buffer and get back to them
@ 2022-10-15 14:35 ` Alessandro Bertulli
From: Alessandro Bertulli @ 2022-10-15 14:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Heime; +Cc: help-gnu-emacs

> Have noticed the keybinding command "C-x C-p" that marks a page. I would like to mark specific lines in a buffer,
> and be able to get back to them easily? What cam de done? Would be very useful if a could name them and list them
> so I know what I have.

Try looking around for the "bookmark" functionality of Emacs (as you
wish, on the manual, info node, EmacsWiki, or Google). The quick thing
is:

- C-x r m to set a bookmark
- C-x r b to jump to a previously set bookmark

--
Alessandro Bertulli