all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* lisp, gnus, rmail or vm questions
@ 2005-09-12  3:05 David Chmelik
       [not found] ` <mailman.6784.1126544886.20277.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
From: David Chmelik @ 2005-09-12  3:05 UTC (permalink / raw)

Is there a way to stop gnus from reloading everything each time, does it
not save headers?  I found a listserv post about it which said delete
.newsrc, but i use thunderbird to search and make .newsrc... if it is
different format maybe i should anyway and try apropos.
     Where do you put .el plugins?  The el site i found seems to assume
one knows the dir and lisp... i put rmime.el in el dir, which was wrong
i guess.  I know a little lisp from a general cs class and would like to
learn it in emacs.
     Can you do more in vm than rmail?  If not i avoid gui anyway... i
tried installing vm a couple weeks ago but it did not appear in menus.