all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Bracket matching..
@ 2004-11-15 12:58 Rob Kramer
From: Rob Kramer @ 2004-11-15 12:58 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hia,

My bracket matching doesn't seem to work anymore. What I mean is the
highlighting of a bracket when the cursor is on the opposing bracket. I
wonder what I may have done to kill it.. The problem doesn't seem to be
related to the current mode, i.e. it's the same in c++ mode or lisp mode.

Using CVS version (21.3.50.7).

Cheers,

    Rob

* Re: Bracket matching..
@ 2004-11-16 11:23 ` martin
From: martin @ 2004-11-16 11:23 UTC (permalink / raw)

"RK" == Rob Kramer <robk@starhub.net.sg> writes:
 RK> Date: Mon, 15 Nov 2004 12:58:31 GMT
 RK>
 RK> Hia,
 RK>
 RK> My bracket matching doesn't seem to work anymore. What I mean is the
 RK> highlighting of a bracket when the cursor is on the opposing bracket. I
 RK> wonder what I may have done to kill it.. The problem doesn't seem to be
 RK> related to the current mode, i.e. it's the same in c++ mode or lisp mode.

check the value of the variable show-paren-mode and if the command
show-paren-mode is called somwhere in your init files

--
martin dot fischer at boschrexroth dot de

* Re: Bracket matching..
@ 2004-11-16 12:43   ` Rob Kramer
From: Rob Kramer @ 2004-11-16 12:43 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hia,

martin@rochooni.net wrote:
> check the value of the variable show-paren-mode and if the command
> show-paren-mode is called somwhere in your init files

Upgrading to a newer CVS version solved it, I should have checked that
first..

Thanks for your help!

    Rob