all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* latex mode : / behavior
@ 2007-12-05 18:18 Bryan W. Lepore
From: Bryan W. Lepore @ 2007-12-05 18:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

emacs 21.2.1 (via fink),
Mac OSX 10.4.11,
kernel 8.11.0,

.. using latex mode, i noticed that forward-slash (/) in latex mode causes
an underscore to be put under it and the 'dialogue' window reports :

/[ /=AEO\aceo]

i DO have (require 'paren) activated in my .emacs, perhaps its related -
just curious what this means, perhaps some conflict - googling for it is
somewhat tricky.

thanks

-bryan

* Re: latex mode : / behavior
       [not found] <mailman.4591.1196878736.18990.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
@ 2007-12-13 11:40 ` Johan Bockgård
From: Johan Bockgård @ 2007-12-13 11:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

"Bryan W. Lepore" <bryanlepore@mail.utexas.edu> writes:

> .. using latex mode, i noticed that forward-slash (/) in latex mode
> causes an underscore to be put under it and the 'dialogue' window
> reports :
>
> /[ /=AEO\aceo]

Sounds like an input method.

(info "(emacs) Input Methods")