all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* german Holidays
@ 2003-09-10 16:43 ray
From: ray @ 2003-09-10 16:43 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello there,

is there a way to have emacs show the german holidays instead of
Hebrew, Islam et al?

ray

--
		       Raimund Kohl Consulting
	       Kommunikative Praktizierungskonzepte und

* Re: german Holidays
       [not found] <mailman.119.1063212943.21628.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
@ 2003-09-11  0:23 ` Matthias Rempe
From: Matthias Rempe @ 2003-09-11  0:23 UTC (permalink / raw)

    > Hello there, is there a way to have emacs show the german
    > holidays instead of Hebrew, Islam et al?

I've set calendar-holidays to this value:

((holiday-fixed 1 1 "Neujahr")
 (holiday-fixed 5 1 "1. Mai")
 (holiday-fixed 10 3 "Tag der Deutschen Einheit")
 (holiday-float 12 0 -4 "1. Advent" 24)
 (holiday-float 12 0 -3 "2. Advent" 24)
 (holiday-float 12 0 -2 "3. Advent" 24)
 (holiday-float 12 0 -1 "4. Advent" 24)
 (holiday-fixed 12 25 "1. Weihnachtstag")
 (holiday-fixed 12 26 "2. Weihnachtstag")
 (holiday-fixed 1 6 "Heilige Drei Könige")
 (let*
     ((century
       (1+
	(/ displayed-year 100)))
      (shifted-epact
       (%
	(+ 14
	   (* 11
	      (% displayed-year 19))
	   (-
	    (/
	     (* 3 century)
	     4))
	   (/
	    (+ 5
	       (* 8 century))
	    25)
	   (* 30 century))
	30))
      (adjusted-epact
       (if
	   (or
	    (= shifted-epact 0)
	    (and
	     (= shifted-epact 1)
	     (< 10
		(% displayed-year 19))))
	   (1+ shifted-epact)
	 shifted-epact))
      (paschal-moon
       (-
	(calendar-absolute-from-gregorian
	 (list 4 19 displayed-year))
	adjusted-epact))
      (easter
       (calendar-dayname-on-or-before 0
				      (+ paschal-moon 7))))
   (filter-visible-calendar-holidays
    (mapcar
     (lambda
       (l)
       (list
	(calendar-gregorian-from-absolute
	 (+ easter
	    (car l)))
	(nth 1 l)))
     '((-2 "Karfreitag")
       (0 "Ostersonntag")
       (1 "Ostermontag")
       (39 "Christi Himmelfahrt")
       (49 "Pfingstsonntag")
       (50 "Pfingstmontag")
       (60 "Fronleichnam")))))
 (holiday-fixed 11 1 "Allerheiligen")
 (holiday-float 11 0 1 "Totensonntag" 20)
 (if
     (fboundp 'atan)
     (solar-equinoxes-solstices))
 (if
     (progn
       (require 'cal-dst)
       t)
     (funcall 'holiday-sexp calendar-daylight-savings-starts
	      '(format "Daylight Savings Time Begins %s"
		       (if
			   (fboundp 'atan)
			   (solar-time-string
			    (/ calendar-daylight-savings-starts-time
			       (float 60))
			    calendar-standard-time-zone-name)
			 ""))))
 (funcall 'holiday-sexp calendar-daylight-savings-ends
	  '(format "Daylight Savings Time Ends %s"
		   (if
		       (fboundp 'atan)
		       (solar-time-string
			(/ calendar-daylight-savings-ends-time