all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Really need a help: cut and paste
@ 2003-02-15  8:03 Tom Hu
From: Tom Hu @ 2003-02-15  8:03 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

I have this problem for a while and could not find the way to resolve
it. Please help:

I use MS Windows (win2k) with ReflectionX (openwin xterm).

1. I can cut (copy) and paste between two xterm or between xterm and
win2k netscape mail. But I can not copy (select copy) and paste from
xterm+emacs to win2k netscape mail or window Word. It seems to me the
emacs can not copy the text to Window application.

2. Somehow, when I cut (not copy) a text1 from xterm emacs #1 and paste
to xterm emacs #2. It works first time for text1. Then second time I
copy a text2 from xterm emacs #1 and want to paste the text2 to xterm
emacs #2. It always paste the text1 (old text) to xterm emacs #2. It
seems the second copy does not save into kill ring.

Thanks,

Tom

* Re: Really need a help: cut and paste
@ 2003-02-15 21:03 ` Tom Hu
From: Tom Hu @ 2003-02-15 21:03 UTC (permalink / raw)

I am doing more test and found:

bring up two emacs editor from two different xterm (ReflectionX).

1. cut text1 from emacs1
2, cut text2 from emacs2 -- suppose the clipboard has text2 content.
3. intent to paste text2 to emacs1, it fails. Instead  pasting text2 to
emacs1, it pastes text1 to emacs1.

It seemes to me the two emacs does not share the clipboard content each
other.

However, if I do this between xterm and emacs, it does not any problem
at all.

Any suggestion?

Tom Hu

@ 2003-02-16  9:21   ` gebser
From: gebser @ 2003-02-16  9:21 UTC (permalink / raw)

Tom,

This issue was addressed not too long ago so you could find your answer
in the archives.

Btw, where are the archives?

ken

=
= bring up two emacs editor from two different xterm (ReflectionX).
=
= 1. cut text1 from emacs1
= 2, cut text2 from emacs2 -- suppose the clipboard has text2 content.
= 3. intent to paste text2 to emacs1, it fails. Instead  pasting text2 to
= emacs1, it pastes text1 to emacs1.
=
= It seemes to me the two emacs does not share the clipboard content each
= other.
=
= However, if I do this between xterm and emacs, it does not any problem
= at all.
=
= Any suggestion?
=
[...]