all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Emacs colours as set in ~/.Xdefaults
@ 2003-02-03 20:27 Zaphod Beeblebrox
From: Zaphod Beeblebrox @ 2003-02-03 20:27 UTC (permalink / raw)

Using Redhat 8.0, I'm unable to work out how to get the 'standard'
GnuEmacs colours that used to be set in ~/.Xdefaults (using Gnome).  I
remember a similar problem using KDE and the solution there was to
find the part where KDE allowed applications to set their own colours.

However, I can't find anything similar in ver 8.0 in Gnome or KDE.

Is it possible?

* Re: Emacs colours as set in ~/.Xdefaults
@ 2003-02-03 21:05 ` Roger Mason
From: Roger Mason @ 2003-02-03 21:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: help-gnu-emacs

Try renaming .Xdefaults to .Xdefaults-hostname.

On my RH8.0 box "hostname" needs include the domain.

hth,
Roger Mason

* Re: Emacs colours as set in ~/.Xdefaults
@ 2003-02-03 21:08 ` gebser
From: gebser @ 2003-02-03 21:08 UTC (permalink / raw)

I don't use kde but in your home directory you should have a ".kderc"
file and a .kde subdirectory.  The info you seek might well be in one of
those places.

ken

=
= However, I can't find anything similar in ver 8.0 in Gnome or KDE.
=
= Is it possible?
=
= Z
= _______________________________________________
= Help-gnu-emacs mailing list
= Help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org
=

--
Happy Gui-Wei 4700

* Re: Emacs colours as set in ~/.Xdefaults
@ 2003-02-04  1:46   ` Zaphod Beeblebrox
From: Zaphod Beeblebrox @ 2003-02-04  1:46 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Tue, 04 Feb 2003 10:05:59 +1300, Roger Mason wrote:

> Try renaming .Xdefaults to .Xdefaults-hostname.
>
> On my RH8.0 box "hostname" needs include the domain.
>
> hth,

Thanks for that.  Is that covered somewhere in the docs?