all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Color Image in buffer/face/frame background
@ 2002-11-05 19:20 Szabó Péter
From: Szabó Péter @ 2002-11-05 19:20 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi!

[I already made some posts to the newsgroup, but they did not seem to make
it to the list.
So I'd like to apologise if this is not the first time you see this
message :-)]

I am using emacs 21.[12] under XFree, and it would be nice, if I could
set a color
picture as buffer/frame background.
I found set-face-background-pixmap, but that only worked with bitmaps (2
color
XMB files).
I know this is just eye candy, but it would be nice to have a paper like
effect in
the text background :-)

So my question is:
    Is is possible to do this with current versions of emacs?  If yes, how?

Yours:
    Péter

* Re: Color Image in buffer/face/frame background
       [not found] <mailman.1036525671.8328.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
@ 2002-11-05 19:55 ` Henrik Enberg
From: Henrik Enberg @ 2002-11-05 19:55 UTC (permalink / raw)

Szabó Péter <petike@inf.elte.hu> writes:

> So my question is:
>     Is is possible to do this with current versions of emacs?  If yes, how?

No it's not possible.

--
Booting... /vmemacs.el

* Re: Color Image in buffer/face/frame background
@ 2002-11-05 20:14   ` Szabó Péter
From: Szabó Péter @ 2002-11-05 20:14 UTC (permalink / raw)

Henrik Enberg wrote:

>Szabó Péter <petike@inf.elte.hu> writes:
>

>>So my question is:
>>    Is is possible to do this with current versions of emacs?  If yes, how
>>

>No it's not possible.

Planned in the near future?

@ 2002-11-06 21:48 ` ken
From: ken @ 2002-11-06 21:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: help-gnu-emacs

If you use gnome, you could run gnome-terminal, go into Settings | Image
and then select the one you want.  Then you could run emacs in that
terminal.  With a little playing around, it would probably be possible
to get all of this into one command line, something remotely like

gnome-terminal --some-option-for-image --command emacs &

The above obviously won't work, though some collection of options
should.  I'll leave the details to your free time.

Cheers,
ken

--
AMD crashes?  See http://cleveland.lug.net/~ken/amd-problem/.

Spake Szabó Péter at 20:20 (UTC+0100) on Tue, 5 Nov 2002:

= Hi!
=
[...]
= Help-gnu-emacs mailing list
= Help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org