all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* .emacs configuration question (easy)
@ 2002-10-02  5:14 Ryan Barnard
From: Ryan Barnard @ 2002-10-02  5:14 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

I'm fairly new to using Emacs, but I see great potential for it.  I've got a
simple question I was hoping somebody could help me with:

I want to set up emacs to be a little IDE for some C++ work I wish to do.
Here's the keypresses needed to make it look how I want it:
C-x 2
C-x ^
C-x ^
C-x ^
C-x ^
C-x ^
C-x ^
C-x ^
C-x 3
C-x o
C-x o
M-x shell
C-x o

What this basically does is make two editor windows on the upper-left and
right, and a shell at the bottom where I can do my compiles and test runs.

So, how can I have this set up in my .emacs file so it defaults to look like
this (or something close to it?

Thanks for your help!
Ryan