all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* tab completion
@ 2002-09-25 17:36 Bruce Park
From: Bruce Park @ 2002-09-25 17:36 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello,

I was wandering, one of my professor mentioned that it is possible to have
tab completions on variable names. Can anyone tell me where I can find more
information about this? Java identifiers can get long and it's sometimes
annoying to type them out. Thanks.

bp

* Re: tab completion
       [not found] <mailman.1032975441.14703.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
@ 2002-09-25 17:48 ` Michael Slass
From: Michael Slass @ 2002-09-25 17:48 UTC (permalink / raw)

"Bruce Park" <bpark79@hotmail.com> writes:

>Hello,
>
>I was wandering, one of my professor mentioned that it is possible to
>have tab completions on variable names. Can anyone tell me where I can
>find more information about this? Java identifiers can get long and
>it's sometimes annoying to type them out. Thanks.
>
>bp

Check out the JDEE - Java Development Environment for Emacs

http://jdee.sunsite.dk/

--
Mike Slass

* Re: tab completion
@ 2002-09-25 17:49 ` F.Xavier Noria
From: F.Xavier Noria @ 2002-09-25 17:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: help-gnu-emacs

On Wed, 25 Sep 2002 13:36:15 -0400
"Bruce Park" <bpark79@hotmail.com> wrote:

: I was wandering, one of my professor mentioned that it is possible to have
: tab completions on variable names. Can anyone tell me where I can find more
: information about this? Java identifiers can get long and it's sometimes
: annoying to type them out. Thanks.

Under JDEE you could map something to `jde-complete-at-point'. However,
M-/ works great for me usually, it's fast and kind of magical.

-- fxn

* Re: tab completion
@ 2002-09-28  6:43 ` Scott Goldstein
From: Scott Goldstein @ 2002-09-28  6:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: help-gnu-emacs

Check out http://www.xref-tech.com

Scott

Bruce Park wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I was wandering, one of my professor mentioned that it is possible to have
> tab completions on variable names. Can anyone tell me where I can find more
> information about this? Java identifiers can get long and it's sometimes
> annoying to type them out. Thanks.
>
> bp

* Re: tab completion
@ 2002-10-03 12:13 ` Kevin Dziulko
From: Kevin Dziulko @ 2002-10-03 12:13 UTC (permalink / raw)

Is there a way to get tab completions in C mode?

Thanks!