all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* background color
@ 2002-04-10  3:46 Sachintha Lal Dharmasena
From: Sachintha Lal Dharmasena @ 2002-04-10  3:46 UTC (permalink / raw)

This bug report will be sent to the Free Software Foundation,
 not to your local site managers!!
Please write in English, because the Emacs maintainers do not have
translators to read other languages for them.

In GNU Emacs 20.7.1 (i386-redhat-linux-gnu, X toolkit)
 of Sat Mar 17 2001 on porky.devel.redhat.com
configured using `configure  --mandir=/usr/share/man
--infodir=/usr/share/info --prefix=/usr --libexecdir=/usr/lib
--sharedstatedir=/var --with-gcc --with-pop --with-x-toolkit
i386-redhat-linux-gnu'

Please describe exactly what actions triggered the bug
and the precise symptoms of the bug:

Hi,
	I am using Redhat Linux 7.1 (Seawolf). When I open emacs on KDE,
the background color of the font is white. I am using default colors.
please help.

thanx
sachintha.

Recent input:
M-x s h e l l return menu-bar help-menu report-ema
cs-bug

Recent messages:
For information about the GNU Project and its goals, type C-h C-p.
Fontifying *scratch*...
Fontifying *scratch*... (regexps............)
For information about the GNU Project and its goals, type C-h C-p.

* Re: background color
@ 2002-04-10 20:17 ` Richard Stallman
From: Richard Stallman @ 2002-04-10 20:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: bug-gnu-emacs

	    I am using Redhat Linux 7.1 (Seawolf). When I open emacs on KDE,
    the background color of the font is white.

Is that wrong?  I don't know, but I don't see anything obviously
wrong about a white background.  Perhaps you should send a clearer
explanation of why you think this is wrong.

You might try Emacs 21.2 or the latest sources from CVS and see
if the problem still happens.

Please read the Bugs section in the Emacs manual, which provides
guidelines on how to write a bug report to give us the
necessary information so we can fix the bug.

* Background Color
@ 2002-07-24 10:29 Jochen Witte
From: Jochen Witte @ 2002-07-24 10:29 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

I am an Emacs newbie. I would simply like to change the background
color. What do I have to put in .gnu-emacs-custom?

Greetings
Jochen
--
Jochen Witte
<jwitte@alpha-lab.net>

* Re: Background Color
@ 2002-07-24 10:41 ` Todd Kokoszka
From: Todd Kokoszka @ 2002-07-24 10:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: help-gnu-emacs

I put it in my start up line ... emacs -bg color. I don't know how to do it
in the .emacs file. Nor do I know how the two methods compare.

.gnu-emacs-custom -- are you on windows? If so, there's a separate list
dedicated to emacs users on windows that may be better able to answer your
question.

Todd

@ 2002-07-24 12:46 ` Gurucharan
From: Gurucharan @ 2002-07-24 12:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: help-gnu-emacs

Hello Jochen ,

> I am an Emacs newbie. I would simply like to change the background
> color. What do I have to put in .gnu-emacs-custom?

Add a line called

(set-background-color white)

in the .emacs file.

Get back if there are any problems.

Warm Regards,
              gurucharan

[-- Attachment #2: Wipro_Disclaimer.txt --]
[-- Type: text/plain, Size: 522 bytes --]

**************************Disclaimer**************************************************

 Information contained in this E-MAIL being proprietary to Wipro Limited is 'privileged'
and 'confidential' and intended for use only by the individual or entity to which it is
addressed. You are notified that any use, copying or dissemination of the information
contained in the E-MAIL in any manner whatsoever is strictly prohibited.

* background color
@ 2003-02-12 19:27 A.R.
From: A.R. @ 2003-02-12 19:27 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,
 I'd like to know what are the colours' name to change emacs background
color writing the command:
(setq-background-color "color")
Can I automatically change to my documents dir, when I start Emacs?
I use emacs under windows.

--
Antonio Riccucci
{www.antonioriccucci.supereva.it}

* Re: background color
@ 2003-02-12 20:16 ` Kai Großjohann
From: Kai Großjohann @ 2003-02-12 20:16 UTC (permalink / raw)

"A.R." <ant_ric@libero.it> writes:

>  I'd like to know what are the colours' name to change emacs background
> color writing the command:
> (setq-background-color "color")

M-x list-colors-display RET

> Can I automatically change to my documents dir, when I start Emacs?
> I use emacs under windows.

(cd "c:/where/do/you/want/to/go/today")

--
A turnip curses Elvis