all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* keycounter?
       [not found] <E18kSBO-0003vk-0G@monty-python.gnu.org>
@ 2003-02-17  7:58 ` Joe Corneli
From: Joe Corneli @ 2003-02-17  7:58 UTC (permalink / raw)

Is anyone aware of a key-stroke counting package for XEmacs?

In additition to tabulating the use of each key during a given session, I
am also interested in simple statistics like frequency of pairs (e.g. how
frequently do I type H-a followed by ordfeminine?).

Joe Corneli

* Re: keycounter?
       [not found] <mailman.2019.1045469178.21513.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
@ 2003-02-18  0:54 ` Jesper Harder
From: Jesper Harder @ 2003-02-18  0:54 UTC (permalink / raw)

Joe Corneli <jcorneli@mail.ma.utexas.edu> writes:

> Is anyone aware of a key-stroke counting package for XEmacs?
>
> In additition to tabulating the use of each key during a given
> session, I am also interested in simple statistics like frequency of
> pairs (e.g. how frequently do I type H-a followed by ordfeminine?).

Look for 'keypatt.el':

;;; keypatt.el --- Try to find frequently typed key sequences.
;;;
;;;   Copyright (C) 2002 Helmut Eller [snip]
;;;
;;;; Commentary
;;;
;;; This program tries to discover frequently typed key sequences.  All
;;; typed keys are logged in a dribble file; if the dribble file is
;;; large enough (after a few hours or days, depending on your typing
;;; rate) you can analyze the file via `M-x keypatt-show-patterns'.