I want to manage and process my pictures in emacs, like cropping. I want to play video in emacs and control the playing with emacs style. 在 2020年5月12日 +0800 PM2:57,Arthur Miller ,写道: > ndame writes: > > > There is a discussion on Reddit about sponsoring development of multithreading in Emacs, and people there say it's too hard, takes a lot of time and it doesn't even > > bring that much benefit to the user. > > > > If this is the case (is it?) then what are those other features which could bring much more tangible benefits for the user and assuming somebody works on them full time > > sponsored by the community they can be implemented in, say, a few months? > Maybe a better support for graphics? Let people draw in Emacs window (on > GUi clients). It could benefit some org mode features, some poeple who > does uml via ditaa or similar, powerline users etc. Emacs could be used > in a similar fashion like Conky (system monitoring tool), for those that > use Emacs as a daemon, and could even make Emacs more of a office style > application for some people. > > Could also benefit some UI stuff, for example drawing on screen could > benefit more mouse/touch interface so one day Emacs could get a "tablet > ui" or something. > > Could be done by exposing underlaying OS/Widget Kit drawing (Cairo, X11, > Gdk, whatever Macs have) to draw directly on Emacs frame/either window > or buffer based. Could also be done by drawing to an "image" (in memory) > via say Cairo surface, XPixmap etc, and then displaying that image in > overlays as Emacs already do. > > Could be nice with some task-based parallelism too, like Intel's TBB > does. TBB has Apache license, I am not so legal so I don't know if it is > compatible with GPL, so no idea if it is just opensource or free ... >