在 2019年12月11日 +0800 AM11:40,Eli Zaretskii ,写道: > I explained in more detail how I suggested to implement thius: by > inserting the minibuffer contents before the message text. What is > complex about that? > Because resize-mini-windows may be nil. And the message may be invisible. Another question: When emacs displays combination of the prompt and the message, if user input something, doesn’t the message disappears? > > This is what the current code does, The current code doesn’t display the message transiently. It displays it forever. User needs to press a key to restore to the prompt. Is this a bug? > and the problem with that is that > some uses of 'message' don't expect the message to stay for 2 seconds, > and some expect it to stay forever. This information is not explicit > in the call to 'message', so there's no way of communicating in down > to minibuffer-message. Do you mean the scene “Foo…” followed by “Foo…done”? I don’t think this is a problem. These are just status which are not important. And they disappears quickly when user is busy editing. And the really important ones may put an indicator on the mode-line.