Hello, I have pushed the French translation of SES manual to master, here is a patch to make the compilation : [https://res-h3.public.cdn.office.net/assets/mail/file-icon/png/generic_16x16.png]patch.diff Since I am not the maintainer of these Makefile.in scripts, I did not dare push this change. To @Andrés Ramírez, BTW I have added you into the acknowledgement section, in anticipation of the programmatic stuff to which you contributed quite a few suggestions. Please be patient, probably some time is going to ellapse before I can find a time slot to finalize it. Vincent. PS-1 : I realize that the commit message of the change is quite short, whereas there was also a few updates to the English version with the change. Sorry for the oblivious committing, I can provide a more detailed change record if need be. PS-2 : I named the subdirectory « lang » rather than « translations », it seems more usual/concise a name to me without loss of clarity. Please feel free to rename « translations » if « lang » hurts anybody. PS-3 : last but not least, happy new year 2024 to all, blessed be the Church of Emacs, and let us follow Holy Ignutius on the narrow path of well designed software. ________________________________ De : emacs-devel-bounces+vincent.b.1=hotmail.fr@gnu.org de la part de Eli Zaretskii Envoyé : samedi 30 décembre 2023 08:10 À : rms@gnu.org Cc : stefankangas@gmail.com ; vincent.b.1@hotmail.fr ; emacs-devel@gnu.org Objet : Re: Where to contribute manual translations ? > From: Richard Stallman > Cc: eliz@gnu.org, vincent.b.1@hotmail.fr, emacs-devel@gnu.org > Date: Fri, 29 Dec 2023 22:22:31 -0500 > > You seem to be talking about how to organize a collection fo manuals > about various manuals. The plan you've proposed might make sense for > its internal organization, but the crucial question is, WHERE WOULD WE > PUT IT and who would run it? > > If we want to put lots of GNU manuals on the web for general access, > this should not e part of Emacs development. The place for it is > on gnu.org, but not as part of the Emacs pages. We were discussing the places for the Texinfo sources and the corresponding Info manuals. We didn't discuss the HTML output of that, and my initial thinking about this is for now to exempt the translations from the process of producing HTML docs for uploading to the gnu.org site (see admin/make-manuals and admin/upload-manuals, and their description in admin/make-tarball.txt). > That belongs at the leve of the GNU Project, and I should discuss it > with the GNU webmasters. They should make this collection -- if they > have not already. > > We can set up gnu.org/manuals for a place to put them. Yes. But that's a separate issue, not the one we discussed.