all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Problem with rmail
@ 2006-03-07 10:40 luca.spinacci
From: luca.spinacci @ 2006-03-07 10:40 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,
I put the following lines in my .emacs file to get mail
on a POP3 server:
(set-variable 'rmail-primary-inbox-list
   (quote ("po:luca.spinacci@tin.it:in.virgilio.it")))
(setq rmail-pop-password-required t)

Rmail ask for the POP password...
Echo line shows: Getting mail from post office ...
but an error echos : movemail: Error connecting to POP server:
                                       Could not determine POP server's address
and:
(No new mail has arrived)

Any ideas?
Thank you,
Luca Spinacci

* Problem with Rmail
@ 2013-03-27 23:58 Albino Biasutti Neto
From: Albino Biasutti Neto @ 2013-03-27 23:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org

Hi

I would like to Emacs user to read / send emails.

But I am not able to use the RMAIL (which I think better), someone could help me.

Now is giving the following error: "Sending ... failed with exit value 4".

I tried installing the rmail (apt-get install rmail) and was installed, this error occurred so I believe.

My ~.emacs is not configured.

Albino

* Re: Problem with Rmail
@ 2013-04-11 23:29 Albino B Neto
From: Albino B Neto @ 2013-04-11 23:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Hi

The problem for send emails, is solved.

I am with others problems, I wasn't reading (receive) emails on rmail.

I am sending this email by rmail. :-)

     Albino