Lennart Borgman wrote on 03/23/2010 05:49:54 PM: > > I have to get igrep working. I use it constantly. > > What does it do that lgrep and rgrep does not do? I don't know lgrep and rgrep. I installed igrep years ago. Are those better? Basically, I put the cursor over a word and hit a keystroke, it creates an *igrep* windows, searching for that word. Then I can I can use next-error to step through the matches. > > I see this error. I can > > stay > > on 20.6, but it seems like a good time to upgrade if I can get everything > > working. > > > > 1 - The first few lines of output look like this, which means I can't > > immediately start > > stepping through. I have to click on the igrep frame first. > > I can't understand what you mean. What did you expect? Those 3 lines (the ones with the mode, the date, and the blank) confuse next-error. > > > -*- mode: igrep; default-directory: "f:/emacs/" -*- > > Igrep started at Tue Mar 23 15:33:32 > > > > grep -n -i -e copy f:/emacs/*.el NUL > > ... and then the matches ...