all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Mess with Emacs packages?
@ 2007-03-21 20:01 Ignoramus16682
From: Ignoramus16682 @ 2007-03-21 20:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

I have iset up a new machine and found, to my upset, that a lot of
packages is missing. Examples are saveplace, for example.

I want to know if there is a repository of installable packages
somewhere, such as repository of RPMs for Fedora core. I do see a list
of packages in my xemacs tools menu, byut it is embarrassingly short.

Am I doing something wrong, or is there a site that provides a good
interface to getting a lot of packages.

* Re: Mess with Emacs packages?
@ 2007-03-21 20:04 ` Camille Bourgoin
From: Camille Bourgoin @ 2007-03-21 20:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

http://www.emacswiki.org

--
Camille "Mesmento" Bourgoin
jabber : mr.camille@im.apinc.org

* Re: Mess with Emacs packages?
       [not found] <200703212316.l2LNGr0H027201@e4.ny.us.ibm.com>
@ 2007-03-22  0:50 ` Thomas L Roche
From: Thomas L Roche @ 2007-03-22  0:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Ignoramus16682 Wed, 21 Mar 2007 15:01:32 -0500
> is there a site that provides a good interface to getting a lot of
> packages.

http://www.emacswiki.org

is what there is. Package management is another problem: you might
want to investigate packages.el

http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/gnu-emacs-sources/2007-03/msg00025.html