all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* bug#56489: Incomplete description of Completion Commands in Emacs Manual an Lisp Reference
@ 2022-07-10 21:42 carlmarcos--- via Bug reports for GNU Emacs, the Swiss army knife of text editors
From: carlmarcos--- via Bug reports for GNU Emacs, the Swiss army knife of text editors @ 2022-07-10 21:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 56489

I am using completing-read, but am finding it laborious to find information regarding Completion Commands.

In the Emacs Manual there is "8.4.2 Completion Commands" and in the Emacs Lisp Reference Manual there is "21.6.3 Minibuffer Commands that Do Completion".  Although the aforementioned sections do describe the result of using "TAB" and "?" to display the list of completion, I do not think the information is incomplete because one can also move from one completion entry to another using the up and down arrows.

* bug#56489: Incomplete description of Completion Commands in Emacs Manual an Lisp Reference
  2022-07-10 21:42 bug#56489: Incomplete description of Completion Commands in Emacs Manual an Lisp Reference carlmarcos--- via Bug reports for GNU Emacs, the Swiss army knife of text editors
@ 2022-07-11 10:02 ` Lars Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Ingebrigtsen @ 2022-07-11 10:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: carlmarcos; +Cc: 56489

carlmarcos@tutanota.com writes:

> In the Emacs Manual there is "8.4.2 Completion Commands" and in the
> Emacs Lisp Reference Manual there is "21.6.3 Minibuffer Commands that
> Do Completion".  Although the aforementioned sections do describe the
> result of using "TAB" and "?"  to display the list of completion, I do
> not think the information is incomplete because one can also move from
> one completion entry to another using the up and down arrows.

The arrow keys don't do anything completion-related -- they move through
the command history.

Closing.