all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
From: Heime <heimeborgia@protonmail.com>
To: Stephen Berman <stephen.berman@gmx.net>
Cc: Heime via Users list for the GNU Emacs text editor
	<help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
Subject: New buffer not showing up in Emacs Buffers Menubar
Date: Tue, 24 Sep 2024 10:00:06 +0000	[thread overview]

Sent with Proton Mail secure email.

On Tuesday, September 24th, 2024 at 8:34 PM, Stephen Berman <stephen.berman@gmx.net> wrote:

> On Tue, 24 Sep 2024 08:19:08 +0000 Heime heimeborgia@protonmail.com wrote:
>
> > Sent with Proton Mail secure email.
> >
> > On Tuesday, September 24th, 2024 at 7:41 PM, Stephen Berman
> > stephen.berman@gmx.net wrote:

> > > When I comment out `(switch-to-buffer dbuffer)' and evaluate the defun
> > > in emacs -Q, I see "𒆳 ALIST" in the Buffers menu.
> > >
> > > Steve Berman
> >
> > I am still experiencing the problem though.
>

> Also when you run emacs -Q?
>
> > Is there possibility of conflicts with other buffers in some situations ?
>
> I don't know what you mean here.

That some buffers fail to display unless specifically instructed to do so.

> > Is there a limit to the number of buffers
> > that can be displayed in the Emacs Menubar ?
>

> Yes, the default is 15; see user option buffers-menu-max-size.

Then this is something that I would have to look into as I make
a lot of buffers for test.

Is there always a requirement to instruct pop-to-buffer, view-buffer,
display-buffer, switch-to-buffer and display-like commands so that a
new buffer gets shown.

;;    Directly repl