all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* How to make Emacs use image support libraries?
@ 2005-03-07 15:29 romeomedina
From: romeomedina @ 2005-03-07 15:29 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi.

When I installed Emacs CVS 21.3.50 on my system,
the `$ ./configure' step ended up accompanied by the following output:

  Where should the build process find the source code?    /home/rodolfo/tmp/emacs
  What operating system and machine description files should Emacs use?
        `s/gnu-linux.h' and `m/intel386.h'
  What compiler should emacs be built with?               gcc -g -O2
  Should Emacs use the GNU version of malloc?             yes
      (Using Doug Lea's new malloc from the GNU C Library.)
  Should Emacs use a relocating allocator for buffers?    yes
  Should Emacs use mmap(2) for buffer allocation?         no
  What window system should Emacs use?                    x11
  What toolkit should Emacs use?                          LUCID
  Where do we find X Windows header files?                /usr/X11R6/include
  Where do we find X Windows libraries?                   /usr/X11R6/lib
  Does Emacs use -lXaw3d?                                 no
  Does Emacs use -lXpm?                                   yes
  Does Emacs use -ljpeg?                                  no
  Does Emacs use -ltiff?                                  no
  Does Emacs use -lungif?                                 no
  Does Emacs use -lpng?                                   no
  Does Emacs use X toolkit scroll bars?                   no

. Now, I need Emacs to use png libraried. How to do so?
I tried with `$ ./configure --with-png' and also with
`$ ./configure --with-png=yes', but the above output would not change.
The same with jpeg, gif, tiff. I think all these libraries are installed
in my system, because there are many files with such extensions and, besides,
I can perfectly view jpeg images.
Any suggestion?

Thanks,
Rodolfo

6X velocizzare la tua navigazione a 56k? 6X Web Accelerator di Libero!
Scaricalo su INTERNET GRATIS 6X http://www.libero.it

[parent not found: <mailman.2895.1110210915.32256.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>]
[parent not found: <mailman.3255.1110453456.32256.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>]
[parent not found: <mailman.3434.1110541250.32256.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>]