all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
From: "Bruce Park" <bpark79@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: emacs21 config
Date: Mon, 14 Apr 2003 02:22:36 -0400	[thread overview]

>From: Glenn Morris <gmorris+news@ast.cam.ac.uk>
>To: help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org
>Subject: Re: emacs21 config
>Date: Sat, 12 Apr 2003 18:14:03 +0100
>
>"Bruce Park" wrote:
>
> > I'm running debian(woody) with emacs21.-1.
>
>Maybe your version uses the Motif toolkit? In which case, try:
>
>Emacs.pane.menubar.*.borderWidth.:      0
>
>and similarly for marginBottom, marginHeight, marginLeft, marginRight,
>marginTop, marginWidth.
When we talk about the menubar, I'm referring to the bar with File, Edit,
Options, etc. Is this the case here?
In emacs20, I was able to change this at will. The default size for this was
0 and 0 for both the height and width of it. I can't recall what I used in
my .Xdefaults file but I do remember that it worked in v20 and NOT in v21.
>You could try using editres to see what the resource names for your
>Emacs are. Anyone know how to tell from within Emacs which X-toolkit
>it was built with?
Did you compile emacs on your own? I'm using debian pre-packaged emacs21 and
I'm really not sure if I like this at all.