all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Re: Exception Handling in LISP.
@ 2003-04-26  1:21 Bruce Park
From: Bruce Park @ 2003-04-26  1:21 UTC (permalink / raw)

>From: kai.grossjohann@gmx.net (Kai Großjohann)
>To: help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org
>Subject: Re: Exception Handling in LISP.
>Date: Fri, 25 Apr 2003 19:06:48 +0200
>
>"Bruce Park" <bpark79@hotmail.com> writes:
>
> > Remember, LISP falls into logic programming.
>
>One could say that Lisp is a functional language, but it's surely not
>a logic programming language.
Oops. I meant to say functional. I was thinking of Prolog and not LISP.
Sorry for the confusion.

>(There are two views on functional programming: one view requires
>some features to be present (functions as first-class objects, ...),
>and the other additionally forbids other features from being present
>(assignments, ...).  Lisp is a functional language only according to
>the former.)
>--
>file-error; Data: (Opening input file no such file or directory
>~/.signature)

[parent not found: <mailman.5195.1051283788.21513.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>]
* Re: Exception Handling in LISP.
@ 2003-04-25 15:15 Bruce Park
From: Bruce Park @ 2003-04-25 15:15 UTC (permalink / raw)

>From: Gurucharan <gurucharan.murudeshwar@wipro.com>
>To: "'help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org'" <help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
>Subject: Exception Handling in LISP.
>Date: Fri, 25 Apr 2003 17:57:37 +0530
>
>Hi All,
>         Can we catch any unknown exception in Lisp like C++ ?
>
>That is, like the C++ ... (Epsilon code).
>can we catch any exception irrespective of which
>exception was thrown ?
>
>Example:
>try {
>      // Something ....
>}
>catch (...) {    // Do something after Exception has occurred ...
>                 }
>
>Any material/links on Exception Handling in LISP
>is welcome.
Last time I checked, exception handling is NOT a part of LISP. Remember,
LISP falls into logic programming.

>Thanks.
>
>Kind Regards,
>             gurucharan

* Problem positioning cursor
@ 2003-04-25 11:01 Victor Kirk
       [not found] ` <mailman.5189.1051273202.21513.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
From: Victor Kirk @ 2003-04-25 11:01 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

I've wrote a function to insert a skeleton for a java try-catch
block, but I've run into a problem leaving the cursor in the
correct place.

If there is no active region I want the following code to be
inserted (note X marks the spot I want to leave the cursor at.

    try {
    } catch(Exception e) {
        e.printStackTrace();
    }

This works fine.

If there is code selected I want:

    try {
        someCode(toBeWrapped);
    } catch(Exception e) {
        e.printStackTrace();
    }

unfortunatly the cursor is left at the `n' in Exception.

If anyone has the time to point me in the right direction
it would be appreciated.

(defun vics-java-catch-insert(&optional has-finally)
  "Generate a skeleton for a java try-catch block. If the optional
has-finally is true then a finally block is also inserted."
  (interactive)
  (let ((ex-type (read-from-minibuffer "Exception Type: " "Exception" nil
nil nil nil nil))
		(try-start)    ;; start of try catch block
		(try-end)      ;; end of
		(try-body nil) ;; code to insert within try/catch
		(edit-point))  ;; point to leave user at
	;; If a region is selected save this to try-body
	(if (c-region-is-active-p)
		(setq try-body (delete-and-extract-region (mark) (point))))
	(setq try-start (point))
	(insert "try {\n")
	(if (not try-body)
		(setq edit-point (point))
	  (insert try-body))
	(insert (format "\n} catch (%s e) {\n" ex-type))
	(insert "e.printStackTrace();\n")
	;; if we had some text leave save location at the end of the catch
	;; block
	(if (eq nil (not try-body))
		(setq edit-point (point)))
	(insert "}")	;
	(if (eq nil (not has-finally))
		(insert " finally {\n\n}"))
	(setq try-end (point))
	(indent-region try-start try-end nil)
	(goto-char edit-point)
	(c-indent-command)))

Vic
--
Victor Kirk
Analyst

This message, including attachments, is intended only for the use by the
person(s) to whom it is addressed. It may contain information which is
privileged and confidential. Copying or use by anybody else is not
authorised. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender
as soon as possible. The views expressed in this communication may not
necessarily be the views held by Serco Integrated Transport.