all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* FW: multiple table exports in org-mode
@ 2017-04-04  9:29 Gunther Clasen
From: Gunther Clasen @ 2017-04-04  9:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org

Hi,

I have created an outline view with a few properties, which I edit in table view. I need to export some of the columns to CSV. This is what I have:
* My Stuff
:PROPERTIES:
:ID: MyTable
:COLUMNS: %Col1 %Col2 %Col3 %Col4 %Col5 %Col6
:END:
** Stuff
* My Stuff - Table View
#+BEGIN: columnview :id "MyTable"
#+END

This all works fine and I can export it to csv, except what I really want in the Table View is a table with the following format:
:COLUMNS: %Col1 %Col2 %Col3 %Col4

I may have a need to also export a table with yet another format, e. g.
:COLUMNS: %Col1 %Col2 %Col5 %Col6

At the moment, I have different :COLUMN: at the beginning of the file and I comment out the one I don't use. This is not exactly ideal. Is there a better solution to this? Also, I don't actually work on all the columns at once, so really if I could define those two columns at the top and then use the column view on one or the other, that would be fab. But that's probably asking too much...

I could export all columns and use the cut command on the csv file to remove what I don't need.

Thanks for any ideas!
Gunther

only message in thread, other threads:[~2017-04-04  9:29 UTC | newest]