all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* I use emacsclient for several days. It doesn't work reliably.
@ 2021-11-02 10:59 zhanghj
From: zhanghj @ 2021-11-02 10:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

I start emacs server with systemd. I use emacsclient for several days.
It doesn't work reliably.

There are 3 problems until now.

1. font-lock works abnormally.

Colors are right after a file being opened. But new text I inserted into
the buffer are not font-locked.

If I turn off font-lock-mode and then turn on it, the colors become right.

2. company-mode works abnormally.

After I select a completion item, It inserts messy text into buffer.

3. theme loading problem.

In my emacs configuration, It loads a color theme after startup. But the
colors are not all right. Some colors (background color) are not right.
I have to load the same theme again in emacsclient and the colors become
right.

I have add an env of "TERM=xterm-256" to emacs.service.

------

OS: GNU/Linux (centos 7 x86_64)

Emacs: 26.3 nox

I used to use emacs(no server) with the same configurations everyday for
many years, and have never meet these problem. Is there any limit for
emacsclient or C/S mode?

only message in thread, other threads:[~2021-11-02 10:59 UTC | newest]