kai.grossjohann@uni-duisburg.de (Kai Großjohann) writes: >Frank C. Weiler writes: >> I have gone through the documentaiton several times, and am not able >> to locate WHERE the site wide default color scheme and default fonts >> are established for any user. > > You could also use strace (or trace or truss or ktrace, depending on > OS) on an invocation of Emacs. Look for stat or open calls on files > named Emacs (with capital E). ...in the lib/X11/app-defaults directory. On my site, it would be /local/X11R6/lib/X11/app-defaults/Emacs which could contain lines like *foreground: blue -- Hallvard