On Sunday, June 30th, 2024 at 19:22, Gerd Möllmann wrote: > Thanks! What do youo think about making a patch containing only your > weak hash tables, and leaving the BUF_MARKERS alone for now? I think that's the best way forward. Patch attached. > That way > igc could support the existing uses of weak hash tables (I remember one > in the CLOS department somehwere), and they would be somewhat tested. > Don't remember if we have unit tests for them. It seems MPS isn't very eager about splatting weak references during ordinary automatic GC, FWIW. What I'm observing with (while t (dotimes (i 10000) (puthash (cons 1 2) (cons 3 4) table)) (message "%S" (hash-table-count table)) (sit-for 0.1)) is that the hash table starts out at 0, grows quickly, resets to count=0 once, then keeps growing and never splats any references after that. It's quite possible this is a bug in my code, of course. Pip