all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Indenting HTML files
@ 2005-10-23 13:58 Tyler
From: Tyler @ 2005-10-23 13:58 UTC (permalink / raw)

I'm very sorry for the doubled and misplaced posts. I've been having
some problems with my newsreader (Thunderbird). It should be better now.

Hi,

I'm trying to edit an HTML file, and I am unable to indent lines with
the tab key. The only thing that I've managed to make work is to mark a
region, then C-x tab to indent that region by 1 space. Also, on text I
have yanked into the file from the clipboard I can tab as expected.
However, all the text I entered directly into Emacs is 'protected' from
tabbing. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks,

Tyler

only message in thread, other threads:[~2005-10-23 13:58 UTC | newest]