all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Printing odd/even pages
@ 2005-01-29 21:48 Joe Bush
From: Joe Bush @ 2005-01-29 21:48 UTC (permalink / raw)

Can anyone advise me how to print consecutive odd and/or even pages in
Postscript and lp? I want to print two sided copies of various
buffers, but my printer doesn't support this in hardware. So I need to
print all the odd pages first, reinsert the pages into the printer,
then print the even pages.

I haven't found any reference to doing this in any of the docs, but
may have missed it.

I'm using Emacs 21.2.1.

Thanks!

* RE: Printing odd/even pages
@ 2005-01-29 22:06 ` Drew Adams
From: Drew Adams @ 2005-01-29 22:06 UTC (permalink / raw)

    Can anyone advise me how to print consecutive odd and/or even pages in
    Postscript and lp? I want to print two sided copies of various
    buffers, but my printer doesn't support this in hardware. So I need to
    print all the odd pages first, reinsert the pages into the printer,
    then print the even pages.

    I haven't found any reference to doing this in any of the docs, but
    may have missed it.

Get and use library printing.el, here:
http://www.cpqd.com.br/~vinicius/emacs/. It lets you do duplex, odd, or even
printing, and much, much more.

 - Drew

* Re: Printing odd/even pages
@ 2005-01-30  4:34 ` Eli Zaretskii
From: Eli Zaretskii @ 2005-01-30  4:34 UTC (permalink / raw)

> From: Joe Bush <bushj004@hawaii.rr.com>
> Date: Sat, 29 Jan 2005 21:48:42 GMT
>
> Can anyone advise me how to print consecutive odd and/or even pages in
> Postscript and lp? I want to print two sided copies of various
> buffers, but my printer doesn't support this in hardware. So I need to
> print all the odd pages first, reinsert the pages into the printer,
> then print the even pages.
>
> I haven't found any reference to doing this in any of the docs, but
> may have missed it.

Type "M-x load-library RET ps-print RET" and then read the doc string
of the variable `ps-even-or-odd-pages'.  (I wonder how you missed it.)