all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* problems with tramp installation (Windows)
@ 2011-07-22 14:49 Jeffery Rancier
From: Jeffery Rancier @ 2011-07-22 14:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org

Do I need to set some environmental variable to the runemacs.exe executable?  Here's what I'm getting:

$ ./configure
configure: Tramp 2.2.1
checking for gmake... no
checking for make... make
checking for reasonable make version... ok
checking for emacs... no
configure: error: emacs not found

vndJBRancier@INFO-FGYQLG1 ~/pkg/emacs-21.3/site-lisp/tramp

* Re: problems with tramp installation (Windows)
@ 2011-07-23  8:11 ` Oleksandr Gavenko
From: Oleksandr Gavenko @ 2011-07-23  8:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

2011-07-22 15:49, Jeffery Rancier пишет:
> Do I need to set some environmental variable to the runemacs.exe
> executable? Here’s what I’m getting:
>
> $ ./configure
>
> configure: Tramp 2.2.1
>
> checking for gmake... no
>
> checking for make... make
>
> checking for reasonable make version... ok

> checking for emacs... no
>
> configure: error: emacs not found
>
> vndJBRancier@INFO-FGYQLG1 ~/pkg/emacs-21.3/site-lisp/tramp

Do you under Windows? 'runemacs' comes only for Windows.

Under UNIX like only 'emacs' command was present.

To build el-package 'emacs' command is enough.
Add /path-to/bin/emacs into PATH ant try again. Or check

   $ ./configure --help

or search in configure 'EMACS' like variable if you under Windows
and try use MSYS/Cygwin.

--
Best regards!

* Re: problems with tramp installation (Windows)
@ 2011-07-23  8:22   ` Michael Albinus
From: Michael Albinus @ 2011-07-23  8:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Oleksandr Gavenko; +Cc: help-gnu-emacs

Oleksandr Gavenko <gavenkoa@gmail.com> writes:

> Or check
>
>   $ ./configure --help
>
> or search in configure 'EMACS' like variable if you under Windows
> and try use MSYS/Cygwin.

./configure --with-emacs=/path/to/emacs

shall be sufficient.