all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Help needed EMAC for TRU64
@ 2007-10-23 18:14 Nelluri Sudheer - snellu
From: Nelluri Sudheer - snellu @ 2007-10-23 18:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Hi there,

You are doing great job of service. We are looking for EMAC editor as
alternative tool for vi in our shop. About 3 users will be needing this
on Linux server. Can you please suggest a link for Downloading &
installing version V20.7.

Thanks,

Sudheer

Acxiom corp

630-944-0713

privileged.

communication is strictly prohibited.

of it from your computer system.

Thank You.

* RE: Help needed EMAC for TRU64
@ 2007-10-23 18:25 Nelluri Sudheer - snellu
From: Nelluri Sudheer - snellu @ 2007-10-23 18:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs; +Cc: Littlejohn Rosalind - rolitt

[-- Attachment #1.1.1: Type: text/plain, Size: 1397 bytes --]

Hi there,

I have tried to download from the site for older version of emac (20.7)
:

http://ftp.gnu.org/old-gnu/emacs/

But while opening I am getting the following error message:

________________________________

You are doing great job of service. We are looking for EMAC editor as
alternative tool for vi in our shop. About 3 users will be needing this
on Linux server. Can you please suggest a link for Downloading &
installing version V20.7.

Thanks,

Sudheer

Acxiom corp

630-944-0713

intended only for the use of the recipient named above, and may be
legally privileged.

communication is strictly prohibited.

of it from your computer system.

Thank you.

[-- Attachment #1.1.2: Type: text/html, Size: 5826 bytes --]

[-- Attachment #1.2: image001.jpg --]
[-- Type: image/jpeg, Size: 116390 bytes --]

* RE: Help needed EMAC for TRU64
@ 2007-10-23 18:29 ` Littlejohn Rosalind - rolitt
From: Littlejohn Rosalind - rolitt @ 2007-10-23 18:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Nelluri Sudheer - snellu, help-gnu-emacs

[-- Attachment #1.1.1: Type: text/plain, Size: 1751 bytes --]

Will this version work for HPUX.

Regards,
Rosalind Littlejohn
Project Manager
630-944-0602 (work)
847-337-2010 (cell)

________________________________

You are doing great job of service. We are looking for EMAC editor as
alternative tool for vi in our shop. About 3 users will be needing this
on Linux server. Can you please suggest a link for Downloading &
installing version V20.7.

Thanks,

Sudheer

Acxiom corp

630-944-0713

intended only for the use of the recipient named above, and may be
legally privileged.

communication is strictly prohibited.

of it from your computer system.

Thank you.

[-- Attachment #1.1.2: Type: text/html, Size: 7480 bytes --]

       [not found] <mailman.2483.1193166793.18990.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
@ 2007-10-24 17:41 ` Malte Spiess
From: Malte Spiess @ 2007-10-24 17:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

"Nelluri Sudheer - snellu" <Sudheer.Nelluri@acxiom.com> writes:

> Hi there,

Hi,

> You are doing great job of service. We are looking for EMAC editor as
> alternative tool for vi in our shop. About 3 users will be needing this
> on Linux server. Can you please suggest a link for Downloading &
> installing version V20.7.

I guess that it was by accident, but why do you want to use version 20.7
instead of a current stable version 22.1 of Emacs?

Emacs is part of every normal Linux distribution, so there should be no
need to compile it by hand. But if you want to do that for some reason,
you can get to the download here:

http://www.gnu.org/software/emacs/emacs.html

Maybe take a look at www.emacswiki.org as well.

> Thanks,
>
> Sudheer

HTH
Malte

btw: it's Emacs, not emac.

@ 2007-10-25 17:10 ` Anselm Helbig
From: Anselm Helbig @ 2007-10-25 17:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

> You are doing great job of service. We are looking for EMAC editor as alternative tool for vi in our shop. About 3 users will be needing this on Linux
> server. Can you please suggest a link for Downloading & installing version V20.7.

I've been using the then unreleased GNU Emacs 22 on Tru64 until last
year, and it worked just fine. Just download the source from
http://www.gnu.org/software/emacs/ and compile it yourself.

I should add that at some point in the development I could no longer
compile Emacs, but that was on an old alpha running OSF1 4.0, on
another machine with OSF1 5.1 it still compiled and ran. I'm not shure
if this was a problem with the installation of the old OSF1
installation, it was heavily patched anyway.

If you experience problems, don't hesitate to contact me by mail.

Regards,

Anselm

* RE: Help needed EMAC for TRU64
       [not found] <1A63F9DA4FF4E94A8C034231B329B60904A77F4A@CWYMSX04.Corp.Acxiom.net>
@ 2007-10-25 22:21 ` Nelluri Sudheer - snellu
       [not found] ` <mailman.2573.1193351115.18990.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
From: Nelluri Sudheer - snellu @ 2007-10-25 22:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs
  Cc: Hairston Brian - bhairs, Rick_Fenster - Rick Fenster (GM),
	Littlejohn Rosalind - rolitt

Hi GNU team,
We are facing a problem with emacs 22.1/20.7 version download on our unix box. Can you please suggest some solution for resolving this? Any reference to the authorized website would be of great help.

Appreciate your help.
Regards,
Sudheer

From: Jason Rumney @ 2007-10-26 11:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

On 25 Oct, 23:21, "Nelluri Sudheer - snellu"
<Sudheer.Nell...@acxiom.com> wrote:
> Hi GNU team,
> We are facing a problem with emacs 22.1/20.7 version download on our unix box. Can you please suggest some solution for resolving this? Any reference to the authorized website would be of great help.

There appear to be modified versions of Emacs for HP-UX on ia64
available here:

http://hpux.asknet.de/hppd/hpux/Editors/emacs-22.1.1/