all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Emacs introduction video?
@ 2007-06-11  3:20 Shenli
From: Shenli @ 2007-06-11  3:20 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Hi all,

I used to be a VIM user and want to use Emacs modes,
I want to quick jump into the Emacs world, is there any Emacs
introduction video that I can use to get start?

Any suggestions will be appreciated!
Best regards,
Davy

* Re: Emacs introduction video?
@ 2007-06-11  7:30 ` Peter Tury
From: Peter Tury @ 2007-06-11  7:30 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: help-gnu-emacs

On Jun 11, 5:20 am, Shenli <zhushe...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I used to be a VIM user and want to use Emacs modes,
> I want to quick jump into the Emacs world, is there any Emacs
> introduction video that I can use to get start?
>
> Any suggestions will be appreciated!

Maybe this is not exactly what you need, but I found these a few days
ago and they are quite impressive:

http://platypope.org/yada/emacs-demo/
http://www.bloomington.in.us/~brutt/msf-abbrev-demo.gif

(Probably you know about viper mode what can serve your switch. If yuo
haven't heard about it yet, then check it in the manual (= C-h i). If
you haven't installed version 22 then I would recommend it instead of
the official 21.4.)

\bye

* Re: Emacs introduction video?
@ 2007-06-11  9:58 ` Peter Dyballa
From: Peter Dyballa @ 2007-06-11  9:58 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: Shenli; +Cc: help-gnu-emacs

Am 11.06.2007 um 05:20 schrieb Shenli:

> I want to quick jump into the Emacs world

The fastest start into the GNU Emacs world goes since decades with C-
h t – holding the control key while pressing the h key and then a
stand-alone t.

--
Greetings

   Pete

There are two major products that come out of Berkeley: LSD and UNIX.
We don't believe this to be a coincidence.
                                          - Jeremy S. Anderson

* Re: Emacs introduction video?
@ 2007-06-11 11:03   ` Dick Hoogendijk
From: Dick Hoogendijk @ 2007-06-11 11:03 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Peter Tury <tury.peter@gmail.com> writes:

> version 22 then I would recommend it instead of the official 21.4.)

What's official about 21.4?
The Jun 1ste 22.1 release of Emacs is the latest *stable* and official
release. I suggest updating to it ;-)

--
Dick Hoogendijk -- PGP/GnuPG key: F86289CE
++ http://nagual.nl/ + Solaris 11 02/07 ++