all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Fwd: Is there life after DNS?
       [not found] <286D58D5-55C7-4B28-9B7F-462F941AD193@cuseeme.de>
@ 2005-06-05 20:38 ` codewarrior
From: codewarrior @ 2005-06-05 20:38 UTC (permalink / raw)

Begin forwarded message:

>> From: Peter Dambier <peter@peter-dambier.de>
>> Date: June 5, 2005 12:34:18 PM GMT+02:00
>> To: discussions@list.inaic.com
>> Cc: Marc Manthey <marc@let.de>
>> Subject: Is there life after DNS?
>>

>> Hi all,
>>
>> did you ever ask yourself that question?
>>
>> With 2369 domains we have the best root. We are the frontier. We
>> have to think
>> what comes after DNS.
>>
>> ICANN does not face that frontier. They used to have 250 Domains
>> but they lost
>> one. No they are back to 249. They cannot go up to 250 again
>> because the
>> next domain they want to introduse is "xxx." and that gets
>> filtered and
>> accused on most servers they use because they are owned by
>> universities.
>> It just happened to me and several others on NANOG. :)
>>
>> IPv6 will be a challenge. No normal human beeing thinks of typing
>> in IPv6
>> addresses. Cut and paste, maybe - but typing, no! IPv6 will break
>> DNS!
>>
>> There are nameservers behind firewalls that dont allow tpc
>> connections to the
>> namesevers. IPv6 addresses will break packet borders and they will
>> finally
>> break these nameservers.
>>
>> You dont need IPv6? Ipv4 is good enuf for you?
>>
>> Joe and me, we have seen IPv9 working. Stay with your old IPv4
>> machines and let
>> governements decide what is good for you. Send your emails to the
>> governement
>> and let them decide what is spam. They are looking forward to
>> reading and maybe
>> forwarding or not your emails. Who needs to run a mailserver
>> anyhow. Dont you
>> think its a good idea of the goverment to close port 25 forwarding?
>>
>> If you dont think so read on!
>>
>> Today we have to worlds a host might live in. There are some good
>> guys running
>> servers running important machines with fixed addresses. They make
>> up the world
>> of DNS. Everybody can ask DNS for their addresses and maybe their
>> names.
>>
>> And then we have hosts like yours and mine connected via NAT-
>> routers to dsl- or
>> cable-modems or to good old pots via good old modems. Whenever I
>> connect to the
>> internet I get a new ip. An ip that somebody else might have used
>> for sending
>> spam the I cannot use it for sending emails. An ip that nobody
>> knows not even me.
>> If I dont disconnect and reconnect my provider will do that for me
>> once every
>> 24 hours. That is the world of P2P users and services like no-
>> ip.com .
>>
>> How do these hosts know eachother? How do they find eachother. How
>> do they
>> connect? How do they identify?

> [...]
dear list members,
due  to the massive  influence from tycoon firms,
and the ongoing  software patents disscussion
in europe and the pressure from the
http://www.mpaa.org/ on bittorrent users
i think there is a strong need for  "Opencuseeme"
the first free peer2peer multiconferencing tool.
please  join we need some helping  hands

best regards

marc manthey

www.cuseeme.de
opencuseeme /  peer2peer multiparty conferencing

only message in thread, other threads:[~2005-06-05 20:38 UTC | newest]