all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Monaco Fonts
@ 2006-07-24 12:45 Paul Cartier
From: Paul Cartier @ 2006-07-24 12:45 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello,
I am running freebsd 6.1 and started using emacs and gnus, I am looking for the best possible font that I can use, what are you guys using?

In my xterm windows i use Manaco which looks really smooth and clear, but I cant figure out how to get this woring in emacs/gnus.

Here's my .Xresource:
XTerm*FaceName: Monaco
XTerm*FaceSize: 10

Now if I can only get this to work in emacs???

Thanks all

-Paul

* Re: Monaco Fonts
@ 2006-07-24 15:08 ` Peter Dyballa
From: Peter Dyballa @ 2006-07-24 15:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: help-gnu-emacs

Am 24.07.2006 um 14:45 schrieb Paul Cartier:

> I am running freebsd 6.1 and started using emacs and gnus, I am
> looking for the best possible font that I can use, what are you
> guys using?

Have you found the Lucida fonts in Java? Lucida Sans Typewriter has
four variants and more than 1.000 glyphs. Monaco has less.

--
Greetings

   Pete

"No man was ever taken to hell by a woman unless he already had a
ticket in his pocket, or at least had been fooling around with
timetables."
                                        -- Archie Goodwin

* Re: Monaco Fonts
@ 2006-07-24 16:09 ` Kevin Rodgers
From: Kevin Rodgers @ 2006-07-24 16:09 UTC (permalink / raw)

Paul Cartier wrote:
> Hello,
> I am running freebsd 6.1 and started using emacs and gnus, I am looking for the best possible font that I can use, what are you guys using?
>
> In my xterm windows i use Manaco which looks really smooth and clear, but I cant figure out how to get this woring in emacs/gnus.
>
> Here's my .Xresource:
> XTerm*FaceName: Monaco
> XTerm*FaceSize: 10
>
> Now if I can only get this to work in emacs???

My .Xdefaults looks like:

Emacs*Font:	-*-courier-medium-r-*--*-140-*-*-*-*-iso8859-1

So replace courier with Monaco, replace 140 with 100, and replace
iso8859-1 if you're using some other character set, e.g. iso10646-1
for Unicode.

--
Kevin