all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* HELP!
@ 2002-04-16  9:48 Iosu Arizkuren
From: Iosu Arizkuren @ 2002-04-16  9:48 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello, maybe it's an unuseful question but does someone know what does
'exited with code 1' mean?
I tryed to execute another program instead of ispell, and make the
ispell-buffer call it, but it exits my program with code 1, and it has not
got errors. Any idea?. All suggestions will be accepted.
Thanks,
regards,
Iosu

* Re: HELP!
@ 2002-04-16 16:47 ` Dimitar Haralanov
From: Dimitar Haralanov @ 2002-04-16 16:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: iosuarizkuren

	Usually if programs exit cleanly, they exit with code 0. If there are error,
the exit code is anything else. This does not mean that the program will output
any error messages and/or any other print outs.	Can you run the third-party
program by itself, feeding the buffer through redirection or some option (like
-f)?

		-- Mitko

On Tue, 16 Apr 2002 09:48:28 +0000
"Iosu Arizkuren" <iosuarizkuren@hotmail.com> wrote:

 IA > Hello, maybe it's an unuseful question but does someone know what does
 IA > 'exited with code 1' mean?
 IA > I tryed to execute another program instead of ispell, and make the
 IA > ispell-buffer call it, but it exits my program with code 1, and it has not
 IA > got errors. Any idea?. All suggestions will be accepted.
 IA > Thanks,
 IA > regards,
 IA > Iosu
 IA >
 IA >
 IA >
 IA > _________________________________________________________________
 IA > Con MSN Hotmail súmese al servicio de correo electrónico más grande del
 IA > mundo. http://www.hotmail.com/ES
 IA >
 IA >
 IA > _______________________________________________
 IA > Help-gnu-emacs mailing list
 IA > Help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org

     __  __  __________________ _________
    /  |/  |/  /__/__   ___/  |/  /     /      Dimitar Haralanov
   /          /  /  /  /  /      /  /  /       Software Engineer
  /   /   /  /  /  /  /  /  /\  \  /  /        Tahoe Networks
 /___/___/__/__/  /__/  /__/  |__|___/         mitko@tahoenetworks.com

The meek shall inherit the earth; but by that time there won't be
anything left worth inheriting.

* Re: HELP!
@ 2002-04-17 10:50 Iosu Arizkuren
From: Iosu Arizkuren @ 2002-04-17 10:50 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello, thanks for the answer,
yes it works by itself, I call it like this:

/*ispell.el*/

(defcustom ispell-program-name "MYSPELL_I"
  "Program invoked by \\[ispell-word] and \\[ispell-region] commands."
  :type 'string
  :group 'ispell)

and the run ispell-buffer which calls ispell-region, and this to
ispell-program-name running MYSPELL.

exited with code 1.

I think it should work properly, just call like this and run MYSPELL_I. The
thing is that I do not want to use any dictionary given by ispell, maybe the
problem is there.
Any idea about ispell?.
Thanks, regards,
Iosu.

* Help ! ! !
@ 2002-06-24 16:01 Edi
From: Edi @ 2002-06-24 16:01 UTC (permalink / raw)

We 'll need your help soon,
we're apologizing on the interruption
and thanking you on reading this letter
and on any answer we'll get from you.

Regards,
Edi Malca.

[-- Attachment #2: barak.gif --]

* HELP!
@ 2004-03-17 15:18 soodpvtalwani
From: soodpvtalwani @ 2004-03-17 15:18 UTC (permalink / raw)

Dear Friend.
As you read this, I don't want you to feel sorry for me, because, I believe everyone will die someday. My name is Alwani M. Sood, a merchant in Dubai, in the U.A.E.I have been diagnosed with Esophageal cancer .It has defiled all forms of medical treatment, and right now I have only about a few months to live, according to medical experts.

I have not particularly lived my life so well, as I never really cared for anyone(not even myself)but my business. Though I am very rich, I was never generous, I was always hostile to people and only focused on my business as that was the only thing I cared for. But now I regret all this as I now know that there is more to life than just wanting to have or make all the money in the world.
I believe when God gives me a second chance to come to this world I would live my life a different way from how I have lived it. Now that God has called me, I have willed and given most of my property and assets to my immediate and extended family members as well as a few close friends.
I want God to be merciful to me and accept my soul so, I have decided to give alms to charity organizations, as I want this to be one of the last good deeds I do on earth. So far, I have distributed money to some charity organizations in the U.A.E, Algeria and Malaysia. Now that my health has deteriorated so badly, I cannot do this myself anymore. I once asked members of my family to close one of my accounts and distribute the money which I have there to charity organization in Bulgaria and Pakistan, they refused and kept the money to themselves. Hence, I do not trust them anymore, as they seem not to be contended with what I have left for them.
The last of my money which no one knows of is the huge cash deposit of twenty two million dollars $22,000,000,that I have with finance/Security Company abroad. I will want you to help me collect this deposit and dispatched it to charity organizations.
I have set aside 20% for you for your time and patience.please send a reply through this email address with your full contact information for more private and confidential communication.Please reply to my private email address:(alwani101sood@netscape.net)
God be with you.

Alwani M. Sood.

----------------
Powered by telstra.com

From: soodpvtalwani @ 2004-03-17 15:18 UTC (permalink / raw)

@ 2014-02-11  3:18 DongJazz
From: DongJazz @ 2014-02-11  3:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel@gnu.org

When I learn GNU Emacs, I found it hasn't simple chinese tutorial!
I want to translate it to simple chineses.
Can someone tell me how to do this?!
Thanks!

* Re: Help!
@ 2014-02-11  3:51 ` Eric Abrahamsen
From: Eric Abrahamsen @ 2014-02-11  3:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

DongJazz <elite_edu@live.cn> writes:

> When I learn GNU Emacs, I found it hasn't simple chinese tutorial!
> I want to translate it to simple chineses.
> Can someone tell me how to do this?!
> Thanks!

Maybe try this? I can't figure out what encoding it's meant to be in, though...

http://man.chinaunix.net/newsoft/Emac/book.html

* Re: Help!
@ 2014-02-11  4:03 ` Kang Zheng
From: Kang Zheng @ 2014-02-11  4:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: DongJazz; +Cc: emacs-devel@gnu.org

On Tue, Feb 11, 2014 at 11:18 AM, DongJazz <elite_edu@live.cn> wrote:

> When I learn GNU Emacs, I found it hasn't simple chinese tutorial!
> I want to translate it to simple chineses.
> Can someone tell me how to do this?!
> Thanks!

No, it dose have simple chinese tutorial in somewhere like this
/path/to/emacs/24.3/etc/tutorials/TUTORIAL.cn

* Re: Help!
@ 2014-02-11 22:53   ` Trent W. Buck
From: Trent W. Buck @ 2014-02-11 22:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

Kang Zheng <chriszheng99@gmail.com> writes:

> On Tue, Feb 11, 2014 at 11:18 AM, DongJazz <elite_edu@live.cn> wrote:
>> When I learn GNU Emacs, I found it hasn't simple chinese tutorial!
>
> No, it does have simple chinese tutorial in somewhere like this
> /path/to/emacs/24.3/etc/tutorials/TUTORIAL.cn

Further, an appropriate locale will make it the default.
This loads simplified Chinese:
    LANG=zh_CN.UTF-8 emacs -f help-with-tutorial

This loads traditional Chinese:
    LANG=zh_TW.UTF-8 emacs -f help-with-tutorial

* Re: Help!
@ 2014-02-12  1:11 ` Xue Fuqiao
From: Xue Fuqiao @ 2014-02-12  1:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

DongJazz <elite_edu@live.cn> writes:

> When I learn GNU Emacs, I found it hasn't simple chinese tutorial!
> I want to translate it to simple chineses.
> Can someone tell me how to do this?!

Thanks for wanting to contribute, but Emacs has already bundled with two
Chinese tutorials (a traditional Chinese version and a simplified
Chinese version).  So:

1. You can try `M-x help-with-tutorial-spec-language Chinese-GB18030 RET';
2. Or see the latest version here:
   http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/emacs.git/plain/etc/tutorials/TUTORIAL.cn

BTW, emacs-devel is for communications between Emacs developers.  If you
have questions about *using* Emacs, please post it to
help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org .  Try to use a meaningful, specific subject
instead of "Help!", thank you.

I'm the maintainer of the simplified Chinese tutorial.  If you have
difficulty in English, feel free to contact me privately.

--
http://www.gnu.org/software/emacs/