all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Unable to load color "unspecified-fg" when loading some themes in Emacs head
@ 2013-11-11  9:22 Bozhidar Batsov
From: Bozhidar Batsov @ 2013-11-11  9:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

Seems to me some bug was recently introduced related to theme colours. I
noticed that on the current head themes like zenburn (
https://github.com/bbatsov/zenburn-emacs) load with several errors - Unable
to load color "unspecified-fg" and some faces in the theme are rendered
with a black foreground (I guess those that generate the error).

As the theme looks good on Emacs 24.3 and nothing is apparently wrong with
the colours Emacs head deems problematic, I'm fairly certain this is some
bug/regression. Any ideas what change might be the cause of that problem?

* Re: Unable to load color "unspecified-fg" when loading some themes in Emacs head
@ 2013-11-11 10:46 ` Jan Djärv
From: Jan Djärv @ 2013-11-11 10:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bozhidar Batsov; +Cc: emacs-devel

Are you sure you have the current head?  If you made a proper bug report we would have that info already.

    Jan D.

@ 2013-11-11 14:45   ` Bozhidar Batsov
From: Bozhidar Batsov @ 2013-11-11 14:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jan Djärv; +Cc: emacs-devel

I would have posted the bzr revision if I could, but I install the emacs
head from homebrew and it uses one of the git mirrors. Anyways, I'll update
my installation again and post a bug report if the problem is still present.

@ 2013-11-11 15:12     ` Jan Djärv
From: Jan Djärv @ 2013-11-11 15:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bozhidar Batsov; +Cc: emacs-devel

Hello.

> 11 nov 2013 kl. 15:45 skrev Bozhidar Batsov <bozhidar@batsov.com>:
>
> I would have posted the bzr revision if I could, but I install the emacs head from homebrew and it uses one of the git mirrors. Anyways, I'll update my installation again and post a bug report if the problem is still present.

Ok. Please include information like this, because unless you use head from bzr, you are not really using "current head".

Thanks,

      Jan D.

@ 2013-11-11 18:59 ` Martin
From: Martin @ 2013-11-11 18:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

24.3.50; MS Windows 7: runemacs -Q

In GNU Emacs 24.3.50.1 (i686-pc-mingw32)
 of 2013-11-06 on LEG570
Bzr revision: 115006 rgm@gnu.org-20131106175648-ms1emc1ls7n2d1pb
Windowing system distributor `Microsoft Corp.', version 6.1.7601
Configured using:
 `configure --enable-checking 'CFLAGS=-O0 -g3' CPPFLAGS=-DGLYPH_DEBUG=1'

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: DEU
  locale-coding-system: cp1252
  default enable-multibyte-characters: t

Major mode: Fundamental

Minor modes in effect:
  tooltip-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  buffer-read-only: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Recent input:
C-h e C-h a C-g C-g C-h C-a <help-echo> <help-echo>
<help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo>
<help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo>
<menu-bar> <help-menu> <send-emacs-bug-report>

Recent messages:
Unable to load color "unspecified-fg"
For information about GNU Emacs and the GNU system, type C-h C-a.
Unable to load color "unspecified-fg" [2 times]
Quit
QuitUnable to load color "unspecified-fg"
Buffer is read-only: #<buffer *Messages*>
call-interactively: End of buffer

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort gnus-util mail-extr emacsbug message format-spec rfc822 mml
easymenu mml-sec mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231
mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums
mm-util mail-prsvr mail-utils apropos time-date tooltip ediff-hook
vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel dos-w32 ls-lisp w32-common-fns
disp-table w32-win w32-vars tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe
tabulated-list newcomment lisp-mode prog-mode register page menu-bar
rfn-eshadow timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax
facemenu font-core frame cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese
tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese hebrew greek romanian slovak
czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese case-table epa-hook
jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev minibuffer nadvice loaddefs button
faces cus-face macroexp files text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64
format env code-pages mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable
backquote make-network-process w32notify w32 multi-tty emacs)