all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
From: David Penton <djp@arqux.com>
To: Drew Adams <drew.adams@oracle.com>
Cc: help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org
Subject: Re: A bit confused about C-h m results
Date: Wed, 9 Sep 2009 00:09:37 -0400	[thread overview]

Thanks much for a very good answer. You hit upon the source of my
confusion exactly.

The commands you mention (down-list, beginning-of-defun) are lisp-y
sounding, so I assumed they only pertained to lisp-mode. Moreover,
some of the functions appear to be defined in lisp.el, although they
are apparently useful in broader contexts. But being defined in
lisp.el added to my confusion.

Also, I am a newbie at using this group so I don't know if I should
reply-all or just reply to the group. Kindly correct me if I am wrong
by doing reply-all.

Thanks again for the good answer.