all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Re: A question about non-window terminals
@ 2006-03-07  5:37 ` Pascal Bourguignon
From: Pascal Bourguignon @ 2006-03-07  5:37 UTC (permalink / raw)

"xinxiang" <xinxiang@indiana.edu> writes:
> I have a question about the lisp language in emacs.
> I want to set the default face color and fontset by myself, but I still
> want to use the default configure while using non-windows terminals.
> Is there any function or env I can use to recognize the terminal type?
> Like to check if the current emacs session is started with "emacs -nw",
> use the default setting, otherwise use custom setting.

The following variables are available:

;; system-type          darwin   gnu/linux  cygwin
;; system-name          "naiad.informatimago.com" "hermes.afaa.asso.fr"
;; system-configuration "i686-pc-linux-gnu" "i686-pc-cygwin"
;; window-system        nil x mac w32 ; nil = terminal
;; emacs-major-version  18 19 20 21 22
;; emacs-minor-version  0 1 2 3
;; emacs-version        "20.7.2" "21.2.1" "22.0.50.1"

amongst others...

> Does anyone konw the answer?

Yes.

> Thanks very much for your time!

Please, communicate your address, we'll send the bill ;-)

"You question the worthiness of my code? I should kill you where you
stand!"

* A question about non-window terminals
@ 2006-03-07  8:07 xinxiang
From: xinxiang @ 2006-03-07  8:07 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi everyone,

I have a question about the lisp language in emacs.
I want to set the default face color and fontset by myself, but I still
want to use the default configure while using non-windows terminals.
Is there any function or env I can use to recognize the terminal type?
Like to check if the current emacs session is started with "emacs -nw",
use the default setting, otherwise use custom setting.

Does anyone konw the answer?
Thanks very much for your time!

Xin

* Re: A question about non-window terminals
@ 2006-03-07 19:15 ` Peter Dyballa
From: Peter Dyballa @ 2006-03-07 19:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: help-gnu-emacs

Am 07.03.2006 um 09:07 schrieb xinxiang:

> I want to set the default face color and fontset by myself, but I
> still
> want to use the default configure while using non-windows terminals.
> Is there any function or env I can use to recognize the terminal type?

	(defconst mEV (emacs-version)
	  "Keep the Emacs version string,
	   that is needed a few times.")
	(defconst mWS (symbol-value 'window-system)
	  "Running as some windowing system's client,
	   or as slave of a terminal emulator?")

	(cond ((string= "x" mWS)
	 (message "Sind in X11")
	 (...)
	))             Ende X11
	(cond ((string= "mac" mWS)
	 (message "Sind im Karbon")
	 (...)
	))             Ende Carbon
	(cond ((string= "ns" mWS)
	 (message "Sind im Kakao")
	 (...)
	))             Ende Terminal
	(cond ((string= 'nil mWS)
	 (message "Sind im Terminal")
	 (...)
	))             Ende Terminal

or

	(if (not (string-match "XEmacs" mEV))
	    (load (format "~/.emacs_%s" window-system))
	)

--
Greetings

   Pete

War springs from unseen and generally insignificant causes.
-Anonymous