all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* changing tabbar font color...
@ 2010-03-22 23:04 Brendan Miller
From: Brendan Miller @ 2010-03-22 23:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

I have tabbar, but the gray on gray colors are a little hard to see,
so I wanted to customise the font color... I got some example code
from google to start out from, but it generates this error:

error: Invalid face, tabbar-default-face

The relevant section of my .emacs looks like this:

;; tabbar
(require 'tabbar)
(tabbar-mode)
(global-set-key [(s-right)] 'tabbar-forward)
(global-set-key [(s-left)] 'tabbar-backward)

;; example tabbar coloring code...
  (set-face-attribute
   'tabbar-default-face nil
   :background "gray60")
  (set-face-attribute
   'tabbar-unselected-face nil
   :background "gray85"
   :foreground "gray30"
   :box nil)
  (set-face-attribute
   'tabbar-selected-face nil
   :background "#f2f2f6"
   :foreground "black"
   :box nil)
  (set-face-attribute
   'tabbar-button-face nil
   :box '(:line-width 1 :color "gray72" :style released-button))
  (set-face-attribute
   'tabbar-separator-face nil
   :height 0.7)

* RE: changing tabbar font color...
@ 2010-03-22 23:18 Drew Adams
From: Drew Adams @ 2010-03-22 23:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'Brendan Miller', help-gnu-emacs

> I have tabbar, but the gray on gray colors are a little hard to see,
> so I wanted to customise the font color... I got some example code
> from google to start out from, but it generates this error:
>
> error: Invalid face, tabbar-default-face

Perhaps it depends on your version of tabbar.el.

FWIW, I just customize tabbar faces using M-x customize-face.
This is the relevant part of my custom-file:

'(tabbar-unselected-face
  ((t (:inherit tabbar-default-face
       :box (:line-width 1 :color "white"
             :style pressed-button)))))

If you do this interactively, starting with emacs -Q, what happens?

emacs -Q
M-: (add-to-list 'load-path <directory for tabbar.el>)
M-x load-library RET tabbar
M-x customize-face RET tabbar-default-face

If your version of tabbar.el has `tabbar-default-face' then that should work.
You should be able to customize it and save your changes.

@ 2010-03-22 23:47 ` Peter Dyballa
From: Peter Dyballa @ 2010-03-22 23:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Brendan Miller; +Cc: help-gnu-emacs

Am 23.03.2010 um 00:04 schrieb Brendan Miller:

> error: Invalid face, tabbar-default-face

I patched tabbar.el directly...

--
Greetings

   Pete