all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Pretest next week
@ 2009-05-15  2:31 Chong Yidong
From: Chong Yidong @ 2009-05-15  2:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

Hi all,

I'm planning to make the 23.0.94 pretest next Wednesday, the 20th.

The release seems to be coming along nicely; the font code seems to have
converged at last (with the exception of #2667), and most of the
documentation work is now done.  I'm thinking of cutting the branch
after the next pretest, so that some of the pent-up patches can start
being applied.  I have not, however, discussed this in detail with
Stefan yet.  If you like, please feel free to weigh in with opinions
and/or concerns about the release process.

Thanks.

* Re: How to show *Warnings* buffer at startup time? [Re: Pretest next week]
@ 2009-05-15 15:02 Chong Yidong
From: Chong Yidong @ 2009-05-15 15:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Kenichi Handa; +Cc: emacs-devel

> I've just noticed that the subject issure is not yet settled.  I think
> this is not a serious one but the attached patch to startup.el is
> simple and it helps people identify a fontset problem earlier.

Sorry, I forgot about this issue when you first raised it.  But I don't
think it's serious enough to carve out an exception to the
regressions-only rule.